Post date: Jul 29, 2017 2:02:42 AM
Photo credit: Ivan Bandura
Theme parks are fun for the whole family, and veterans with families are no exception. Military rates help families save on their fun-filled visits to theme parks. Here are some resources to help veterans find military rates on theme parks:
- Disney World Military Ticket Rates: Active and retired members of the U.S. military are eligible for special deals at the Walt Disney World theme park. By visiting Disney’s Military Ticket Rates site, veterans can check eligibility, look over deal terms, and learn how to take advantage of special prices.
- Universal Orlando Resort – Military Ticket Sales: The Universal Orlando Resort has 3 theme parks: Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, and Volcano Bay. All 3 of these venues offer special pricing for active and retired members of the U.S. military. The page above is dedicated to military sales, and it provides more information on how to obtain discounted tickets. Visitors can also navigate to other parts of the Universal Orlando Resort website to explore the 3 theme parks in greater detail.
- Universal Orlando Vacations – Military Vacation Package: Universal Orlando Vacations is the official travel company of Universal Orlando Resort. Savvy travelers should be aware that this travel company website often offers deals that are not shown on the main Universal Orlando Resort website. Active duty and retired military personnel can access special vacation packages that include hotel accommodations, theme park tickets, and early park admission. More information can be found on the website, including information on how to book military packages.
Booking a Cruise as a Military Veteran
Photo credit: danzil raines
Even cruises offer discounts for military veterans, and these deals can often be located online. Here are some resources from cruise booking websites as well as the cruise lines themselves:
- Military Cruise Deals: This website enables veterans to find low rates on cruises, with special discounts obtained through their military status. As a bonus for veterans using this website, Military Cruise Deals monitors all bookings and will offer lower rates if they become available — even after booking. The website includes information on U.S. ports and destinations as well as how to find deals. If veterans want to book a cruise, this could be a good place to start thanks to the special rates and useful advice provided.
- Princess Cruises Military Cruise Benefit Program: On the Princess Cruises website, veterans can check out what benefits they may be eligible for when they book a cruise. Perks include free on-board spending money, which can be used for spa treatments, specialty dining, shopping in boutiques, and shore excursions. For those who wish to qualify for this benefit, the application can be accessed online.