Post date: Jul 29, 2017 2:33:31 AM
Page Credit: Upgraded Points
- Armed Forces Vacation Club (AFVC): The AFVC is a membership organization for active duty, guard, reserve, and retired military employees. It offers week-long resort vacations starting at very low prices. By visiting the website, military members can search through hundreds of thousands of resorts in over 100 countries. The organization offers last-minute vacation deals, “space available” deals, and short stay deals. Members can also buy travel certificates to be redeemed at affiliated resorts. For travelers in need of inspiration, the AFVC features a Vacation Planning Resource Center full of vacation ideas and travel tips.
- Veterans Holidays: This company is part of the Wyndham Worldwide hospitality group, and it finds veterans resort stays at heavily discounted prices (some as low as $50 per night for a condo!). There are over 200,000 resort accommodation options to choose from worldwide and at least 100 different countries to visit. Veterans Holidays offers free membership to all veterans of the U.S military, and the travel discount scheme allows you to bring guests on vacation too. The company aims to open up the possibility of traveling to destinations in Asia, Australia, Africa, and beyond by making accommodation costs more affordable.
- In Honor of our Troops Foundation (IHOOT): This organization originally started by offering veterans 1 free vacation per year. They have also added another program – the IHOOT Acquisition Program – that offers discounted accommodation rates to members all year round. You can apply for free vacations that are aimed at offering rest, recuperation, and healing to help military families reconnect with each other. There are 100 locations, including accommodation in places like Hawaii, California, and Mexico; although the stay is free, airfare is not included. It is also suggested you apply at least 6 weeks before your intended vacation date.
- Vacation for Warriors: Specifically aimed at providing free vacations for soldiers who are injured during combat, Vacations for Warriors is a non-profit that was set up in 2014. These vacations are made possible with the help of commercial organizations like American Airlines, who donated 1 million air miles along with other transferable hotel points and timeshare options.
Booking a Resort Vacation as a Military Veteran
Veterans seeking an all-inclusive resort vacation should check out the websites below to take advantage of deals on resort booking:
- Beaches Military Savings: Beaches is an all-inclusive, family-friendly resort that caters to all ages. The company has resorts in Jamaica as well as Turks and Caicos. For former military service members who want to indulge in a Caribbean island vacation, the Beaches Military Savings webpage has information on how veterans can save on their bookings.
- Sandals Military Savings: Sandals is another all-inclusive resort that offers discounts to military veterans. Sandals resorts can be found in Jamaica, the Bahamas, Saint Lucia, Antigua, Grenada, and Barbados. Veterans can visit the website to find out more.
- Military Travel Discounts at Aqua Hotels and Resorts:
- Aqua Resorts are found on the Hawaiian islands of Oahu, Maui, Kauai, and the Big Island. Both short-stay and long-stay military discounts are available, and veterans can visit the Aqua Resorts website for details on booking. The website also provides descriptions of the resort facilities and guides for the different Hawaiian destinations.