Notice of Disagreement

Post date: Nov 10, 2012 1:29:22 AM

What should you do if you disagree with the final determination?

The first the thing you should do is write this letter.

Next make sure that you send it with a tracking number.


VIA Certified Mail, RRR

VARO Address

Reference (Your Name, SSN, Claim number and any other reference numbers on the award [denial] letter)

Dear Sir/Madame;

I am in receipt of your letter of DATE. In that letter you have denied my application for a disability rating I claimed DATE.

Please accept this letter as my Notice of Disagreement (NOD) with your decision.

My reason for this NOD is (briefly describe).

I request a Decision Review Officer Process (DRO) appeal and I request a personal hearing.





Note that the appeal letter does not go into detail. That can come later. DO NOT display anger or frustration. This is a business letter and it is counterproductive to believe that you should tell them all that's on your mind at this point in time. Once again...there is a time and place for everything. You will soon receive a notice that your appeal is in process.

Now is the time to decide if you will find a lawyer to help you appeal this decision. We recommend that almost every appeal be referred to a veterans attorney unless you are well versed at medical and legal jargon.

How To Hire A Lawyer