Know Your Voting Rights

Post date: Aug 1, 2012 4:11:24 AM

Week of July 30, 2012

With stateside elections coming up, people seeking clarification on topics such as where to send their ballots, where they can vote, state of residency and other issues should contact their unit voting assistance officers. These representatives can assist with gathering information about candidates or political parties as requested, but will not offer opinions in an attempt to sway a potential voter. Obtaining absentee ballots can be a simple process when using . All potential voters need is their state license or identification card number and voting residence in the U.S. to get started. For more information, contact your voting assistance office and visit the U.S. Office of Special Counsel website.

To keep up with political issues and legislation that affects military benefits, visit the Legislative Center.